Tuesday, November 15, 2005

A matter of chance

Some chances I throw away; some chances don't come my way; some depart a moment before I can grasp them.

A certain chance was hovering in front of me. It was light and wispy, floating in the air: now visible and shimmering; now invisible, just a light fragrance to indicate its presence. It took me a while to even register its presence. The chance of finally recognising it, I did get. But when I wished for the chance of reaching out and touching it, holding it in the palms of my hands and examining it - it was gone.

What do I call this? A chance deliberately thrown away, or a chance not given to me?

2 comments:

Patt said...

Chances are usually obtained by chance.

Sunita said...

Chance that never came your way :) Forget it and look out for new ones