Wednesday, December 29, 2010

End of chapter 57

So ends one more chapter of my life. I wonder what the lesson is that is to be learnt from this. Don’t know. At present I’m still savouring the exhilarating feeling of freedom at long last. I’ve got back control of the plot, even if this wasn’t how I wanted this particular act to end.

Perhaps I’ll know what the lesson is eventually. Eventually when the audience has left, the orchestra has packed up, the stage has been swept clean. When the dressing room has been cleared, the set has been broken up and packed away, the posters have been taken down. When the actors have all said their goodbyes and forgotten each other, when a new play comes into town. Maybe then one day as I’m sitting in a park, writing a new storyline, I’ll feel the lesson gently creeping up to me and making itself felt.

I’ll wait.

No comments: